Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ginger Lime Cupcakes

Last night was full of cooking and baking. Drue made her very first bento box lunch (I'll explain what that is in another post) and Kat and I made Ginger Lime Cupcakes.
I don't like ginger usually but these cupcakes are delicious. Since it's finally getting warm and pretty outside we decided to make these spring themed cupcakes...mainly because Kat loves themes. They're cute though! Check them out...Too cute! Yes, I know. Kat has also made Orange Poppy seed cupcakes from the same recipe book, and we both agreed that for some reason the cupcakes in that book always come out super fluffy and light, which is awesome. The book is called...well, I can't find it right now but I'll put it up here soon. Good book, great book, awesome cupcakes.
So! For Ginger Lime cupcakes you need lime zest and juice, chopped candied ginger (which is about as easy as finely chopping gummy bears), coconut, milk, eggs, sugar, and flour. Am I missing anything here? Like I said I can't find that damn book...
It's a pretty quick cupcake. The weird thing is the icing which isn't really an icing at all - more like a lime glaze. Hopefully you can see it in the pictures. I was positive I was screwing up the recipe when making it, but no. It's supposed to look that way. And you only use a very little bit when putting it on the cupcake. Probably only about a marble-sized amount.
We decided to add the sprinkles and spring-time decorations but of course you can add or not add whatever you want. Personally, I would have liked to use these...

WHICH can be found at the Cake Art Party Store in Tucker, Georgia. I've never been but that's where blogger Bakerella gets all of her stuff. What's that? Kat and I should go there next week and lose our minds over sprinkles, edible glitter dust, air brushing tools and cupcake pans? OKAY, WILL DO! I'm a little scared of how much money may be lost in this store. Poof, gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment